Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Baby is 16 today

My sweet girl. Today you are 16. Hard to believe when I can still see you in your Cindy Loo Hoo pig tails and your chubby cheeks. You were the best toddler ever. You never got mad, you hugged everything and had the patience of a saint. You smiled at everyone. Your eyes were full of life from the minute you woke up until you went to bed. You wouldn't sleep all night but were still so very happy the next day, unlike your mother. You have always wanted to hang with the boys more than the girls. Your brother has been your hero whether you want to admit to that or not. You may have fought, you even started a few, but you were always happiest just being around him. You loved your dad, even at his worst. You were the one that always had a hug for him and a smile. And you were the one who remained strong in her convictions of not talking to him while he was using. You were strong, I admire you for that and you should never blame yourself for the outcome of that situation. Just know that he is looking down on your right now with more love than you can imagine.

The past years have been a blessing to me. You are a light in my life that I thank God for you daily. You make me laugh, you piss me off, but I appreciate the relationship that we have. I'm grateful for the fact that you talk to me, you're honest (for the most part) with me and I hope it can stay that way. I pray that the years ahead of us will bring us closer together and our relationship stronger.

Enjoy your day Baby Girl. You are beautiful, both inside and out. You are loved and you are wonderful.







4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Happy Birthday! She is just beautiful and I am so happy she makes you proud.

Ada [The Duchess] said...

OMG She's adorable. What's more, she's a clone of you. How sweet. Happy sweet sixteen to your daughter!

I get annoyed whenever my parents coddle and baby me, then I remember that a lot of parents are forever attached to their children and always thinking of their welfare. Then you see happy birthday baby posts like these, to girls who are growing up. Sobering and lovely.

Newt said...

Awww, she is a good kid.

Jo said...

That last pic is just the sweetest, perfect shot.