Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Friday

It's been a long week for some reason and I havent' felt like much of anything really. It's funny how we can go through a day with all sorts of things going on yet have nothing to talk about. I have found it difficult to get on here and have something of substance to write about, something witty to say. I feel like my life is almost in a holding pattern right now, just waiting for something fantastic to happen. I've been spending alot of time in my own head (scary place) trying to figure out what I want to do with myself. Going back to school has come up a number of times, but I have NO clue what I want to be when I grow up. Taking generals just for the hell of it doesn't excite me at all. I did join a single volunteer group but am disappointed at the locations of the events. I am in Wisconsin close to the Minnesota border. Most of the activities are in the western part of Minnesota. That means, from work it wouldn't be a bad drive to the event. It's getting home after that makes me a bit leary of attending. Especially if it's on a week night. I have found one that meets once a month that is only about 5 miles from work, which is fine with me. It's for Feed My Starving Children and they meet once a month. Oddly enough, there just aren't a whole lot of volunteer opportunities in my area. At least they aren't easy to find. I don't want another job because that would require me to be somewhere and away from the kids. Volunteering would allow me to do things when I am not taking away from my children.

Wednesday seemed to be the day for interesting people in DT St Paul. I was outside enjoying the weather when I saw the following: (taken from an email to girl B regarding my petty moment)

Girl, long hair, pulled in to a side pony with a navy blue scrunchie. Snap barretts holding the little pieces. Torn, streched out bright orange t-shirt hanging off one shoulder with a pick tank under neath. Jeans pulled up under the boobs and the old school high tops.

Parachute pants, disco fever shiny shirt and black pumps.

Light peach shiny zip up with the small elastic around the bottom, big collar. Blonde 80's hair and you know what I mean with that!

Yesterday at lunch was the lady with the florescent orange earrings in the shape of the peace sign. They were about as big as the top of a pop can. Jean jacket with the grey leather fringe funning from wrist to wrist across her back. I think she might have even pinned the bottom of her rolled jeans. She appeared to be approximately 55 years old.

I've heard DT Minneapolis is even better but I have never been a fan of that city. You can get in, but you can't get out!

Tonight we are going to the homecoming football game then to our favorite stopping ground for a few. Tomorrow, kitty gets a trip to the vet at 9, baby shower at 11 in the cities then hopefully some shoe therapy with girl B. Sunday looks like chore day and movies.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Haven't seen you in a while, woman. I see you've been in your head. Me too. Maybe it's the change of the seasons?

KAYLAPEARSON.COM said...

very awesome blog some how i found you looking for things on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia. I wish you nothing but the best.