Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday & WWC

It's Tuesday and it's beautiful outside. Of course it rained all weekend and was cold. But now that we are back at work, it's beautiful outside. It's a damn good thing I love my job so much or I would just quit, stay home and enjoy the warm days while we have them. Living in the midwest is a challenge at times. Summers are gorgeous and far too short. I am a sun worshiper which means that the tanning bed is my best friend in the winter. People give me shit about it but I just let them know that I'm going for the leather handbag look by 45 and I have alot of work to do to reach that goal! (besides....isn't that what botox is for????)

Can you tell I'm reaching for topics to blog about at this time? I'm afraid my mind has been detoured by an event in my life that slightly derailed me. I thought when I left my ex, I was leaving drama behind. However, that nasty little being keeps finding me. I won't go in to detail about what happened as it's painful and I have found another outlet for that pain. This blog has become my place for fun and laughter. I still read every blog on my list (even if I was removed from some because I don't post that often...thanks Jay) and I leave comments occassionally. I'm looking forward to getting "ME" back and resume my place here in the blogsphere. Even if it was low man on the totem pole to the likes of Tink, Newt and Jay.

I'm all excited! I am copying girl B and bought myself a new digital camera today. I can't wait to get it in the mail and start taking some pictures that I hope can be half as beautiful as hers. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other cameras I have at home. One of which is a 35MM film camera that I have loved. I guess I will hang on to it for properity sake. And I do have someone that borrows it from me occassionally to take pics of the softball team, so I think it's worth keeping. My small digital takes great pics and is easy to carry when we go to the fair so that one I should hold on to. My son bought me a bigger digital for my birthday but it's the same as my daughters and I just can't seem to get the thing to take very good pics. Very disappointing.
Ok, now for WWC. I'm pulling from the archives here.

Male idea of drinking a beer.
Female version of drinking a beer

Male looking to the future


Female trying to teach redneck male how to dance (yes, that's my son)

4 comments:

Jay said...

haha .. Rednecks don't dance! ;-)

Great WWC pics.

Karen said...

I so want to drink beer off a camper awning. That is great.

Ada [The Duchess] said...

You've got similar weather to ours then. It's now summer when school has begun and I'm stuck in lectures at uni all day. When I'm not in lecture I'm at work making money to pay for necessities. How bloody annoying.

The leather look you say? Insteresting!

I read every blog on my list as well but like you barely have time to respond all the time. Time steals you.

Take care!
Woah, you son look hot in that pic. Am I allowed to say that? I'm 21!

Tink said...

Aw, you look like you're cuddling that beer. ;)