Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday night

It's sunday night and I'm sitting on the couch relaxing after a wonderful weekend up north. I do believe I've gained at least 5lbs but it was totally worth it. I guess I will just have to work harder at the gym this week.

I'm watching my favorite show...Army Wives. This is the only show that I need to watch every week. Now I must admit that I've missed the past few weeks but this show has become my guilty pleasure. Tonight the story line goes to one of the wives who's son is also enlisted. They were at a funeral for a fallen soldier and the very next day, he son must leave for Iraq. She stood there on the tarmack, strong and proud of her son. I sit here and wretch my heart out over the thought of having to do that myself. I'm so very proud of his decision to serve his country and I support him 100%. I just to be able to be strong for him when he needs me to be.

He's out hunting this weekend. Bow opener in our neck of the woods and he might have gotten himself one. The kids are out tracking it right now. I know how excited he is to be able to provide for us and it gives him such pride to put meat in the freezer that he got himself. How things have changed since we moved to the country.

It's been a while since I've posted pics so here's a few from the MN State Fair.

Lil A and I
My newphew Lil A and her new shades



3 comments:

Tina said...

For all the things you won't eat, I just never thought you'd attempt venison :)

Beth said...

Great pictures!

I really cannot imagine being a mother of a boy who is off fighting in a foreign country.

Tink said...

You make such a hot cowgirl. The surfers in Florida are going to eat you up.