Monday, May 5, 2008

It's the little things

So, I have been working on getting us settled in the house. Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning the main floor and trying to organize the rooms. The office isn't quite done yet, but the rest looks pretty good at this point. Yesterday we spent the morning running errands then picked up a few items for my bedroom and bathroom. At Bed, Bath & Beyond I found some joy in some prints for my bedroom. I was so excited when I saw these that I just new I had to have them.









Pillows to match the shoes are next. I can't wait. It's coming along nicely and my personal sanctuary is wonderful. And there isn't an ounce of boy smell in it!
It's the little things in life that just make me so warm and fuzzy on the inside.
Happy Monday.

4 comments:

Ada [The Duchess] said...

OMG all the shoes! Too bad you can't come to where I live in Ontario, Canada. You'd die with some of the paintings we have in home. Really posh and chic, right up our alley. The shoes are to die for. I can't wait to have my own home so I can decorate it to suit my own personal dressing style. You must have style in your clothes hun.

Newt said...

Those are awesome. And I'm glad you are getting settled in and making the house your sanctuary. It's a gorgeous place away from the whole world. And I'm totally jealous of the shoe room :-)

Tink said...

*Girlie Squeal* Those are adorable! Yay to new beginnings.

Jo said...

The shoes with matching pillows is brilliant!!! I looove the shoe prints, they make me purr. Hub would never go for that but maybe one day I'll have a boudoir...sigh. You go girl--you of all people deserve a Shoe Room.