Monday, May 12, 2008

Random Nonsence

The other night my daughter decided she wanted to sleep with me. The three of us, including the dog, were all snuggled up and I had just started to dose when my daughter says "Oh Crap".

Me: (slightly groggy) What?
Her: I think there's a tick on Lucy, can you get the tweezers?

I throw back the blankets and start walking out to my purse in the kitchen.

Her: Never mind ma.
Me: Why?
Her: It was just her nipple.
******
Don't tell your father you're in heat. He will call you later in the day and remind you that if you act on such feelings you will spend eternity in heat in the depths of hell. Thanks dad, nice buzz kill.
******
Don't eat homemade chicken soup right after boiling it to make dumplings. Doing so scorches the taste buds from your tongue and leaves you feeling like you have the worst breath in the world.
******
Do make the dumplings because the soup just isn't the same without them.
******
Having DQ blizzards with my mom, my gramma, sister and daughter yesterday was the highlight of my weekend.
******
Don't buy a guy that you thought was a friend a shot at the bar because when you don't go home with him, he will no longer look at you.
******
Ipods are currently the greatest invention ever made as I can shut out the world at work as I am slightly cranky today.
******
Lack of sleep induces momentary loss of sanity which can cause a grown woman to break down in tears in the Taco Bell drive through for no apparent reason.
******
A beefy cheesy burrito makes everything seem better even if it's only while consuming it.

I will finish this blog by telling you all about the wonderful Mother's Day gift I received from my son via mail last week. I pulled it out of it's box and started to cry at how beautiful it was. Three days later I finally read the enclosed card and discovered the meaning of the design.
The picture doesn't do it justice, it's beautiful.

In the center is a diamond which represents the strength of a Mother

Around the diamond are 6 hearts for each letter in the word Mother

The tips of the hearts come together to form a star. As the stars have guided travelers for years, so does a Mother guide her children.

There are 365 lines on the base of the necklace behind the hearts and diamond. These lines represent the sacrifices that Mother's make every day of the year for their children.

Inscribed on the back is: To Mom, With Love.

I have the greatest kids on the face of the earth.....Beth says I can say that.

He comes home this Friday after spending this week in Combatives training. They won't let him have his phone during this week so we can't say goodnight but I am counting the minutes to when I can throw my arms around him.

I was also able to spend the day with my daughter on Sunday. After blizzards, we hit our favorite mall area for pedicures and a little shopping. It was a wonderful day.

I hope you all had wonderful days as well.

5 comments:

Robert said...

hey nettie- those are some very cool words of wisdom you have there that gem is a dazzling one. I always liked to pick out clothes or jewelry for my mom and sister to show i had good taste for a guy lol thank you for sharing at my place, i liked the gin blossoms too, i like carrie underwood for reasons other than her music lol good stuff as always here

KatBouska said...

I love this post. I laughed through the entire thing...right down to the breakdown at taco Bell. I'm surprised I have not yet done that. ;)

I'm gonna save this post and give it to my son in 15 years so that he can see what other sons are doing out there. SO sweet!!

Jo said...

Oh I love-love this post, Nettie...your son is doll, what a beautiful treasure to wear--it choked me up.

Still laughing over...
the tick-nipple
telling your dad you're in heat (OMG!)

I heart my iPod, it gives my life a soundtrack :)

Tink said...

This post is beautiful and honest, girl. I've broken down in the middle of Wal-Mart, which is far worse than the drive-through line of anywhere, believe me. Some hick with missing teeth offered me napkins! I loves ya.

Newt said...

Awww, he is such a good kid. And I had no idea that much meaning could be put in one necklace. your son is awesome. Now I gotta find one of those for my mom.

The whole post cracked me up. Telling your dad you are in heat. A break down at taco bell. You kill me.

And I love what Jo said:
I heart my iPod, it gives my life a soundtrack :)

What a perfect way to describe the Ipod.