Thursday, May 22, 2008

My week

Has been crazy to say the least. I wanted to WWC this week but just didn't have the opportunity to find the right pictures and even blog for that matter. Currently I'm at work but obviously not working. It's suppose to get up to 70 today and I have no interest in being strapped to a cube. The sun is screaming to bake my skin and I want to comply. Damn this job thing! Who decided this was the way to go? I want to kick their ass.

Tuesday night I took one of my new sales reps to the MOA. She is up here for training and loves shoes. We began our evening with dinner at Newt and I's favorite restaraunt. With dinner we partook in a little ditty sweetly named "Lemon Drop". This was my very first Martini and I discovered that it was very good. I also discovered that drinking one and 1/2 of these little lemon drops followed by shopping made for some good entertainment for the sales clerks. I did behave and only left with one pair of shoes, a shirt that was too expensive but looks hot and a sexy new pair of sunglasses. She was a blast and we're talking about me flying down to Virginia Beach to party it up there some time soon.

Last night we had my daughters last choir concert. The kids sing so beautifully that I find myself really enjoying listening. From there, the kids and I headed down to one of the local pubs that has sand pit volleyball games on Wednesday night. The group that I hang out with from town play on one team and we decided it was good to show our support. Having a beer and a beautiful spring night while doing so is just a bonus. Once the games were all finished, my kids and I along with some of the other players hit the court and played a game ourselves. Outside of the fact that the sand was freezing, we had a blast. We shook off our clothes the best we could but when I got home, I dropped trau to hit the shower and could her the sand hitting the floor. Needless to say...I will have extra cleaning duties tonight. Oh hell, they have another game tonight so the sand will have to wait for the weekend!

Speaking of which, the weekend is stacking up to be quite the busy one. Friday night is out with the crew. Saturday morning, drop the dog off at the groomer then off to spend some time with my Newt with a high possibility of a DATE later that night. Sunday is our first official day on the lake at dads where I will be soaking up the rays from the first floatation devise I can get me hands one. We will also be having a polish golf tournament and food on the grill which sounds like a perfect day to me. Monday will be low key with work around the house and hopefully in the yard as long as the weather still holds out.

Enjoy your long weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Robert said...

oh yes nettie!! Sounds like you have a fantastic holiday weekend planned!!! I grew up in so cali and always loved to watch the beach volleyballers, especially the women of course. So good to hear what a great time you had with your kids hope you have as much fun as it sounds like you plan to!!!

Karen said...

Someday I want you to take me to the MOA. I have never been and I am dying to go.

I am excited for the DATE. :)

Jo said...

Wheeee, you're having a good time with more to come! The lemondrop is one of my favorite drinks...if you're ever around a Williams Sonoma, their lemondrop mixer is soooo good...even a splash of it in regular lemonade adds just the right pucker.

The place with the volleyball pit sounds so fun! Gah, I hate cleaning up sand...but it sure is fun to play in it :)

Have a great weekend floating on the lake--dreamy!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

xo

Tink said...

Hoop and I love martinis. But don't tell any dudes that, otherwise Hoop will deny it. LOL.

I didn't poke the nosey that time. Horses don't take too kindly to that. But I wanted to. I was tempted. ;)

Beth said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great time, Nettie. Mine was just a plain old weekend. House renovations. Blargh.

Ada [The Duchess] said...

Oooooooooh Holiday on the horizon my dear? It looks like it! A date! Make sure you wear your stomping boots.

Toodles!

Newt said...

And it Saturday out with you WAS FUN!!!!