Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's official........

A little while back, Adora posted about a web site called BeautifulPeople.com. You have to apply to this site, send in a pic and people already accepted get to vote on whether or not you are a "beautiful person". Because I was trying desperately to think of anything else to do besides work, I decided this might be fun. I filled out their little ap and put something short and sweet in my profile. I also attached this picture:

What I didn't realize is that for 3 days after you end in your application, you can log on and watch how people are voting for you. The have this special little line graph that has like 3 different categories where people rank you. Yes, Maybe and Hell No (for lack of me remembering). By the time I realized this, it was too late and all they told me was that 3 men out of Lord knows how many decided that they would be interested in me. Last night I finally received this in my inbox:

BP InfoYour application to BeautifulPeople Network was not successful, the members of BP did not find your profile attractive enough this time round.Please note, that only one in five applicants are currently making it into BeautifulPeople Network.You are more than welcome to try again, perhaps with a better picture or more interesting profile text.We wish you every success.Sincerely,BeautifulPeople NetworkPlease remember you may try again at any time.

Imagine my devastation when I read that I was not considered worth of being added to their wonderful site. I cried hysterically for hours. Mounds of kleenex currently cover my floor and my eyes are nearly swollen completely shut. Right! I was able to read some of the chats going on between some of those "beautiful people" and didn't see anything real beautiful about them. Caddy, bitchy and rude were about it. So, I am happy to say that I am not a beautiful person. I'm real good with not being a beautiful person.


7 comments:

Tink said...

That site sounds HORRIBLE!

Robert said...

Ah nettie love how you finished off this post hehe Maybe they are more like Marilyn Mansons *beautiful people* lol You are an incredible open caring and loving lady whom anyone would so enjoy to know. Thanks for sharing that pic hot pink does you well oooo la la mademoiselle!!! lol love your sense of humor miss shoe lady!!

Newt said...

you crack me up girl!

Kell said...

Well, I think the picture is beautiful. I would like to say I can't believe a site like that exists, but I do believe it.

Karen said...

OH....You are beautiful in my eyes!

Beth said...

Wow, that sounds like one of the worst sites I've ever heard about -- ever. I mean, it's almost the epitome of everything I dislike in the world. If these beautiful people also don't recycle and drive Hummers, they I hate it.

Jo said...

Beautiful People, my ass.

You're gorgeous & so very pretty on the inside too.