Monday, June 30, 2008

JoDee Messina

Saturday night a few of us headed to Ellsworth, WI to the Cheese Curd festival. Yup, that's right, a Cheese Curd festival. This was by far the smallest "fair" I have ever been to. I would say the booths covered approximately one block but offered some very delicious fattening foods. We had curds, tacos, blooming onion and fries. Washed down with a beer (or 2 or 5). The highlight of the evening was the JoDee Massina concert.


She was on stage for 1 1/2 hours and never took a break. She had banter with the audience and sang beautifully. I first heard her a couple years ago and her song, My Give a Damn's Busted, became my theme song. Funny thing is that I didn't realize just how many of her songs I knew. There was one that she sang that I had never heard before and once again I found myself relating to one of her songs.
"I want a man that stands beside me
Not in front of or behind me
Give me two arms that want to hold me, not own me
And I'll give all the love in my heart
Stand beside me
Be true, don't tell lies to me
I'm not lookin' for a fantasy
I want a man that who stands beside me"
Sums it up in just a few short lines. Reminds me that country music isn't all that bad. I just choose to shut it off when I require kleenex to get through a song.
My sons girlfriend went with me and another couple and we had a blast. She is just beautiful and I adore her.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Your son's girlfriend IS a beauty and seems like quite the keeper. Hope my son finds one like that someday. Haha.

Glad you had a great time and oh yum, blooming onions!

cheesecurds said...

On behalf of Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery - the "Cheese Curd Capital of Wisconsin" - thank you for attending the "fair".
If you are attending again next year - let me know and I will send you back with some of the freshest - finest cheese curds in the State of Wisconsin!
Tricia