Thursday, June 26, 2008

My 40th!

I was so excited to turn 40 this month. I can't even explain it. 30 sucked big time as 12 days before my birthday I was informed that my husband had 6 - 12 months to live. My 30's were spent caring for him, which as a wife is not a bad thing, but then his drinking got worse and it's all history from there. Being on my own for the past couple of years and now crossing this mile stone brought much excitement for me. And I must admit that hearing people say, "You have a son that's 19? No Way!" or "You're really 40? I thought you were early 30's" kind of helped the transition. I'm happy, truely happy for the first time in years. I have a tight knit group of wonderful friends, I took a vacation to Jamaica alone, my kids are both at home and I am feeling more confident every day. Life is good, live is really good.

I celebrated my birthday with some good friends and my kids. We all went down to the local watering hole and probably celebrating a little more than we should have, but boy did I have fun.
Next to my BFF R, this woman is the greatest. She allows me to totally be me without judgement or expectation. I am so blessed to have them both in my life.
My beautiful step daughter joined us. I hadn't seen her since the funeral in March. She brought me a pin that had flashing lips and said, Kiss Me I'm 40.
The reason for my entire being. These kids are my whole life and I love them more than words can express.

Here's to a new chapter in my life. I'm looking forward to all it has to offer, good and bad.

8 comments:

Ada [The Duchess] said...

Cheers to a new chapter and cheers to fourty! I hope I look as good as you do when I hit that great age in life. I think you should submit to 'BeautifulPeople!' I'll think about it today and let you kow if I enter.

Karen said...

Oh!! Happy birthday! You do look very young....and very blessed to have such great kids around you.

Jay said...

Happy Birthday!

You do look fabulous!

Dianne said...

Cheers! You look incredible!

I wish you happiness and adventures and peace.

and your friends and kids are all lovely too.

Jo said...

You look like you could light up whole cities! Just gorgeous & I love how happy you are--Happy Happy Birthday, Sweets!!!

Love the photos of you with your kids...and boy did you get a glowy tan in Jamaica! 40 looks pretty awesome to me :)

Robert said...

happy 40!!! love all your pics and all who told you you look younger- are right!! Sounds like you are going to fully enjoy the upcoming chapters of the continuing story which is your life nettie really great the way you share your thoughts and feelings and you also have some beautiful kids there!!!oh very important question----did you spoil yourself by getting new shoes for your bday?? haha

mike said...

A belated happy Birthday. here's to new chapters and new beginnings.

Tink said...

I have a feeling this year is going to be a good one for you. I mean shoot, look how hot you started it. ;)